This minHour teaches you how to download Android ringtones for free, plus how to create your own ringtones from MP3s on your phone or tablet.
Creating Ringtones from MP3s
Download MP3 Cutter & Ringtone Maker from the Play Store.
This app lets you use part of any song on your phone or tablet as a ring tone.
- To get the app, open the Play Store, then search for mp3 cutter & ringtone maker. Once you find it, tap Install to start the download.
Open MP3 Cutter & Ringtone Maker.
It’s the purple icon with white scissors and a music note. You’ll find it on the home screen or the app drawer.
Tap Cut a Song/Music.
A list of MP3 files on your Android will appear.
Tap the song you want to turn into a ringtone.
A pop-up will appear, explaining how to trim a song.
Read the pop-up and tap OK Got It!.
This opens the song in the trimming interface.
Drag the top slider to the beginning of the ringtone.
You can test the start point by tapping the play button at the bottom-center part of the screen.
Drag the bottom slider to the end of the ringtone.
Again, use the play button to listen for a good stopping point.
- Ringtones can be up to 30 seconds long. You’ll see the length of your ringtone at the bottom of the screen.
Tap the Save icon.
It’s the disk icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
Type a name for your ringtone into the “Name” blank.
Once the ringtone is saved, a pop-up will appear.
Tap Make Default.
This replaces your current default ringtone with the one you just created.
- If you aren’t ready to change your ringtone, tap Close instead.
Downloading Ringtones with Zedge
Download Zedge from the Play Store.
Zedge is a free app that allows you to download and install thousands of ringtones at no cost.
- To get Zedge, search the app’s name in the Play Store, then tap Install.
Once the app’s installed, tap the purple icon with a white “D” on your home screen or in the app drawer.
It’s at the top-left corner of the screen.
Tap a ringtone to hear a preview.
To browse for ringtones, tap one of the category headers at the top of the screen (e.g. Featured, Discover), or tap the magnifying glass icon to search. Once you open a ringtone, tap the triangle to listen.
Tap the download button.
It’s the circle with a rectangle and an arrow at the bottom-right corner of the preview screen. A list of options will appear.
Tap Set Ringtone.
This replaces your current ringtone with the new one from Zedge.
- To use the ringtone for a specific contact instead of for all calls, tap Set Contact Ringtone instead.
- To download the ringtone without changing your current tone, tap Save instead.