Experiencing a robbery on the street can be a traumatic experience, but it’s important to stay calm and take action quickly to minimize the damage. Here are some tips and advice on what to do if you’re robbed on the street:
- Stay calm: The first thing to do when you get robbed is to stay calm and avoid panicking. Take deep breaths and try to focus on your surroundings.
- Cooperate with the robber: While it may be tempting to resist or fight back, it’s important to cooperate with the robber to avoid putting yourself in further danger. Follow their directions and don’t make any sudden movements or gestures.
- Call for help: Once the robber has left, call the police immediately to report the crime. Provide them with as much detail as possible, including a description of the robber and any identifiable features.
- Seek medical attention if necessary: If you’ve been injured during the robbery, seek medical attention immediately. Don’t hesitate to call for an ambulance if you need it.
- Cancel credit cards and change passwords: If your wallet or phone was stolen, cancel your credit cards and change your online passwords immediately to prevent the thief from accessing your accounts.
- Seek emotional support: Experiencing a robbery can be a traumatic event, and it’s important to seek emotional support if needed. Talk to a trusted friend or family member, or consider seeing a therapist.
In summary, being robbed on the street is a scary experience, but by staying calm, cooperating with the robber, calling for help, seeking medical attention if necessary, canceling credit cards and changing passwords, and seeking emotional support, you can minimize the damage and get back on track.
Reference:  “What to Do If You Get Robbed on the Street.” https://securityclub.co.uk/what-to-do-if-you-get-robbed-on-the-street/