MPP files work with both Project Viewer 365 and MOOS, even though MPP files are native to the Microsoft Project software. Project Viewer 365, although requiring payment, can edit as well as view MPP files, while the Seavus Project Viewer Online is free and can only view MPP files. This minHour teaches you how to open MPP files on PC or Mac with both free and paid programs.
Viewing an MPP File With Seavus Project Viewer Online
Go to Seavus Project Viewer Online in a web browser.
Popular ones include Firefox and Chrome.
- With this method, you can view as many projects as you like, without the time constraints of a trial period.
Click Choose File.
This is located in the middle of your browser. Your file browser will open.
Navigate to your file.
Double-click to open your file.
- Your MPP file will open in the browser window.
- You can get a free trial of the software version by clicking the blue button. This will require you to download and install the program.
Opening an MPP with Project Viewer 365
Navigate to https://www.projectplan365.com/download/.
- This method will download Project Plan 365 with a Trial period which lasts 30 days. After that is over, you will be unable to use the program.
- With Project Plan 365, you can edit MPP files as well as view them.
Click Windows or MacOS from the drop-down menu.
This is under “Select your operating system:”
Click the green Download Project Plan 365 button.
A pop-up box will appear for the download location and file name change.
Follow the Installer Setup Wizard.
It will lead you through setting up and installing Project Plan 365.
- Read any and all agreements before clicking .
You will see a progress bar as the installation progresses.
A menu will drop down.
A list of locations will appear, such as your local storage and your Google Drive.
Select a location.
Navigate to your file and open it.
- Your MPP file will load for you to read.