This minHour teaches you how to run an executable AIR file on a computer. AIR files are installation packages for distributing Adobe AIR applications. Once Adobe AIR is installed on your computer, you can launch any AIR file, and install the program it contains.
Open the Adobe website in your internet browser.
Type https://www.adobe.com into the address bar, and press ↵ Enter or ⏎ Return on your keyboard.
Scroll down and click Adobe AIR in the page footer.
You can find this button all the way down at the bottom of the Adobe website. It will open the Adobe AIR download page.
Click the yellow Download now button.
This will automatically start your download, and download the Adobe AIR setup file to your computer.
- On Mac, you’ll download a DMG file.
- On Windows, you’ll download an EXE file.
- If you’re prompted, select a download location to save the setup file.
Launch the Adobe AIR setup file.
Follow the simple installation steps in the setup window to install the Adobe AIR program to your computer.
- When you’re prompted, click I Agree to agree to Adobe’s terms, and continue with the installation.
- If you already have an earlier version of Adobe AIR installed, click Update in the installer to install the latest software update.
Click Finish in the setup window.
When the installation is finished, click the button to close the setup window.
- You can now open any AIR file on your computer.
Find and double-click the AIR file you want to open.
When Adobe AIR installed, you can run any AIR file on your computer without a third-party app.
- Launching the AIR file will start the installation for the Adobe AIR program it contains.