Square offers a variety of financial and payment services to enable individual merchants and companies in the US, Canada, Australia and Japan to accept debit and credit card payments online. Using Square’s services, you can link your bank account to the platform and start receiving payments from your customers. You can accept payment on Square, both online and on mobile, via the Square app. From the app, you can go to “Accounts &Settings” and tap on “Bank Accounts” to link your bank account to Square’s payment platform.
Signing Up for a Square Account
Go to the Square website.
Square offers a global website as well, for international users.
Sign-up for a Square account.
In order to link your Square account, you first need to create an account on Square.
Click on the “Sign-up” button.
This will open a new window to create a new account on Square.
Enter your email ID and password.
Then click on “Continue”. This will take you to the next page.
Enter your business information.
In the next page, enter your business name and all the other details.
Click on “Continue”.
Once the sign-in process is successful, you can proceed to login to your account.
Login to your Square account.
Click the “Sign in” button and enter your email ID and password to login to Square.
Linking Your Bank Account Online
Go to the Square website.
You can easily link your bank account to Square, using the traditional online method.
Go to Accounts & Settings.
This will let you view or change your account preferences.
Go to Bank Accounts.
Square requires a traditional bank account to support its services. It does not work with prepaid cards or online-only accounts, such as PayPal.
Click “Link your bank account”.
Clicking the button will open a new window, wherein you can enter your personal information.
Enter your personal information.
You need to do the following:
- Enter your account name. You will have to enter your name exactly as it appears on your bank account.
- Add your account number. Make sure that you have entered it right.
- Enter your check routing number. This is the first of the three sets of numbers on the bottom of your checkbook. Click here to Locate a Check Routing Number.
Square will take up to 5 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) to verify your account.
- While verification is in process, you can continue to receive payments on Square. Your balance will be retained in your account and will be released as soon as the process has been completed.
Linking Your Bank Account on the Square App
Download the Square Point of Sale App.
You can easily link your bank account from your Android or iOS device, using the Square Point of Sale App.
- For iOS devices, download and install the free Square Point of Sale app from the Apple App Store.
- For Android devices, download and install the free Square Point of Sale app from the Google Play store.
Open the app on your device.
Tap the Square icon on your phone or tablet. This will open the app.
Tap the Menu icon.
This is the one which looks like three horizontal lines.
This allows you to view or change your account settings.
Tap “Link Bank Account”.
Enter your account holder’s name, bank account number and routing number.
Square will then proceed to verify your account.
- During the bank account verification process, Square will deposit and withdraw ¢0.49 from your account to ensure that your account is functional. This is not a charge of any kind.
- While dealing with online or mobile banking, it is desirable to work with a secure Internet connection. Using an open Wi-Fi connection or network could potentially compromise your privacy, thus making you vulnerable to hack attacks.
- Credit unions use an electronic account number for deposits from Square. This is usually different from your bank account number.