If you ever need to view another phone's call log, there are a couple of ways to do so: you can track any phone's call history from the phone carrier's webpage by logging in with the appropriate phone number and password, or you can download a third-party app to track the phone's information. If you choose to download an app, you'll need to create a username and password with the app company in order to view the phone's call log. Keep in mind that you will need full permission from the phone owner to legally do this.
Using the Carrier’s Website
Determine which carrier your target phone uses.
You’ll need this information in order to log onto the proper service provider page. Most phones display their carrier’s name in the top left corner of the screen.
Navigate to the carrier’s website.
If the phone you’re attempting to track is on a Verizon network, for example, you’ll need to go to the Verizon website.
- US Cellular
Log into the carrier’s site.
You’ll need your target phone’s ten-digit phone number and the account password. Most carriers place their “Log in” option at the top of the webpage.
- If you don’t have access to this information, you probably shouldn’t be trying to look this phone’s call log up.
Click the carrier’s “Usage/Recent Activity” tab.
Depending on the carrier’s site format, the phrasing and location of this option will vary; however, every carrier has the option to view the call log of whichever phone is currently logged in.
Review the call log results.
You should be able to see the call history from the past month, at the very least.
Using a Third-Party App
While there are a few third-party apps you can use to track a phone, downloading them is not recommended, so proceed with caution.
- Most phone trackers are downloaded to the phone in question; they then upload data about that phone’s calls, SMS messages, and more to an online server. You can access this information by logging into the app’s server with a username/phone number and password.
Open your phone’s app store.
On iPhones, this is the “App Store” app usually found on the Home page; Android phones make use of the “Google Play” store.
Enter “spy phone” into your app store’s search field.
This should bring up a list of potential apps for you to use.
- Android phones can use an app literally named “Spy Phone” by a company of the same name.
- The “SpyToMobile” app and the “SpyHuman” app are both cross-platform apps that will accomplish your goal.
- Other possible search terms may include “phone tracker”, “phone data tracker”, etc.
Download your preferred app.
You’ll need to create an account from within the app.
- If you don’t have permission from the owner of the phone to download the app, don’t do it. Doing so may have serious legal consequences.
Tap your new app.
This should open the app; you’ll need to set up your options from here.
Follow your app’s setup instructions.
These will vary depending on your app choice; however, any spy app will require you to enter an account username and password so that you can view the app’s results online.
Log onto your app’s pertinent website.
Again, this will vary depending on which app you chose. You’ll need to enter the phone number and/or username you registered with the app and your password.
Review your results.
If your app is still installed on your target phone, you should see relatively recent results for the call log.
- Always research your chosen app before committing to it. Since these apps are used to track things like location, key presses, and call logs, you don’t want to download an app from a disreputable company.
- Most spy apps claim to keep your data encrypted and private.
- Unless you have the explicit permission of the individual whom you’re trying to check up on, tracking or looking up another person’s phone call log can have serious legal repercussions.