CenturyLink is a telecommunications company that offers various products like Internet, television, and voice services. It’s based in Monroe, Louisiana, and is currently one of the largest companies in the United States. If you've been using CenturyLink’s services for quite some time and are thinking of switching to another provider, then you can cancel or disconnect your CenturyLink service.
Call the Customer Services number.
A CenturyLink customer service representative will assist you on the cancellation process. You have to call the correct customer service line depending on the type of service you currently have:
- For residential lines, call 1-877-348-9004. They’re open Mondays through Fridays, 8 AM to 6 PM.
- For business lines, call 1-800-603-6000. They’re open Mondays through Fridays, 8 AM to 6 PM.
Inform them that you would like to cancel or disconnect your service.
The representative will then ask you for your name, phone number, and account number, which is located at the upper portion of the CenturyLink billing statement.
- Wait on the line while the representative processes your request.
Pay the outstanding balance.
If you have any unpaid statements prior to your request of disconnection, you need to pay it before your account gets fully cancelled.
- Provide any bank account or credit card information to the customer service representative where the unpaid balance can be charged. Once this is done, the representative will give you a “cancellation confirmation number,” which you need to take a note of for future reference.
Claim any deposit that you’ve made before.
If CenturyLink asked you to make a deposit when you got your service, you can refund that deposit together with interest provided that you canceled your service after 12 months from the date it started.
- Deposits and interests will reflect on your final bill.
- Cancellation of services is free, and you’ll only be charged with the unpaid balance.
- Calling the customer service line might take some time, so be patient.