UConnect is an infotainment system used it car manufactured by Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles. It controls your cars audio, and navigation features, as well as allows you to connect to your smartphone. This minHour teaches you how to connect to your UConnect system.
Connecting Your Phone
Tap the phone icon on the UConnect screen.
It’s in the lower-right corner of the UConnect system in the center of your dashboard console.
Tap Yes when prompted.
A prompt will appear on the UConnect screen asking if you would like to pair your phone. Tap . A PIN will be displayed on the screen.
- Alternatively, if your system has voice commands, you can say “Setup” followed by “Pair a phone”. You will then be asked to confirm the four-digit PIN for your vehicles UConnect system. Refer to vehicle’s user manual to obtain the default 4-digit pin.
Open the Bluetooth settings on your smartphone.
Use the following steps to open the Bluetooth settings on your smartphone.
- iPhone:Open the Settings appTap Bluetooth.
- Open the Settings app
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Android:Swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers.Tap and hold the Bluetooth icon.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers.
- Tap and hold the Bluetooth icon.
Turn Bluetooth on.
To turn on Bluetooth, tap the toggle switch at the top of the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone.
Tap “UConnect” in the list of Bluetooth devices.
The Bluetooth menu on your phone will scan and display a list of nearby Bluetooth devices. Tap when it appears in the list of devices.
Tap Pair on your smartphone.
Make sure the PIN that displays on the UConnect screen matches the number on your phone and tap .
Tap Yes on the UConnect screen.
It will start the Bluetooth pairing process with your phone.
Tap Yes or No to make this smartphone the favored device.
If you are the primary driver, tap to make your phone the favorite for the system. If you are not the primary driver, tap to deprioritize your phone.
- Some UConnect systems allow you to assign a priority for your phone by asking you to choose a number between one and seven while pairing your phone. One is the highest priority.
- Press the green phone icon on your steering wheel to display a list of phone-related voice commands on the screen. Use the voice commands to make and receive calls.
- If you are using an iPhone, you can also use Siri voice commands.
- In addition to connecting with Bluetooth, you can also connect your phone using a USB charging cable.
- Tap Media on the UConnect screen to access music and media on your phone while it is connected.
Verify the UConnect system is listed as a trusted device on your phone.
If your phone won’t reconnect to UConnect, check to make sure it is listed as a trusted device in the Bluetooth Settings menu on your Phone. These Bluetooth settings can prevent UConnect from repairing with your phone after the first pairing.
Restart your phone.
Press and hold the power button on your phone and then tap the button to power your phone off. If your phone has a removable battery, remove the battery and replace it. Then press the power button to restart your phone.
Remove UConnect from your list of paired device and pair it with your phone again.
To remove UConnect from your list of paired devices, open the Bluetooth menu on your smartphone and tap the gear icon or icon with an “i” next to UConnect. Then tap or . Then use the steps in Method 1 to pair your phone with the UConnect console again.
Contact your car dealer for further assistance.
If you are unable to get your phone to connect to UConnect, contact your auto dealer.