This minHour teaches you how to activate a Verizon SIM card so that you can use it in your iPhone or Android.
Activating via Phone
Make sure that you have your SIM receipt.
During the activation process, you’ll be asked to provide information from the receipt.
Open your phone’s “Phone” app.
Tap the receiver-shaped app icon on your phone’s home screen.
- You may also have to tap Keypad or an image of a keypad to bring up the dial pad before proceeding.
Enter the Verizon activation number.
Type in 8778074646, then tap the “Call” button.
- You can call this number from any phone to activate your SIM card.
Follow the voice prompts.
Depending on your SIM card and the phone you’re using, these steps may vary.
Complete the activation call.
Once you’ve finished the call, your SIM card is active. In most cases, you shouldn’t have to replace the physical SIM card as Verizon usually transfers information digitally.
- If you do have to switch out the SIM card, make sure that your phone is turned off, then remove the current SIM card from either the tray on the side of the phone (iPhone) or a slot on the back of the phone (Android) and replace it with your new one.
Open the Verizon website.
Go to https://www.verizonwireless.com/my-verizon/.
Sign into your account.
Enter your phone number (or user ID) and password in the appropriate fields on the left side of the page, then click .
- Skip this step if you’re already signed into your account.
- You may first have to click Sign In in the top-right side of the page to open this page.
Click My Devices.
It’s a tab at the top of the page. Doing so will bring up your current phone.
Scroll down and click ACTIVATING MY PHONE.
You’ll find this under the “Learn About My Device” subheading in the “Support” section, though “PHONE” is usually replaced with your phone’s manufacturer and name.
Scroll down and click Activate SIM.
It’s in the “Get started with a new SIM card” section.
Select your phone.
Click beneath the phone for which you want to activate the SIM card.
Enter your SIM card’s number.
Do so in the “SIM ID” text field near the bottom of the window. You should have this number on the SIM card receipt or on the card itself.
- If your SIM card is already in the phone, follow the Verizon instructions in the middle of the page to find the the number.
Click Check SIM Card.
It’s to the right of the “SIM ID” field.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
Depending on your card and phone type, your actions after checking the SIM ID will vary. Once you’ve completed the on-screen setup, you should be able to use your phone.
- If you have to switch out the SIM card, make sure that your phone is turned off, then remove the current SIM card from either the tray on the side of the phone (iPhone) or a slot on the back of the phone (Android) and replace it with your new one to complete the activation.
- If you buy a SIM card in a Verizon store, the staff will usually activate your phone for you.